I make this every Christmas. It is tasty and colorful, and it looks so pretty on the dessert tray! Instead of using just raisins, I like to use a mixture of raisins, zante currants and white raisins. (sultanas.) It makes a terrific food gift, too!
- In a large mixing bowl, beat together butter, sugar and eggs.
- Combine the flour, baking powder and salt, and stir into butter mixture alternately with the eggnog; mix only until dry ingredients are moistened.
- Fold in pecans, raisins and cherries by hand.
- Spoon into a greased 8-1/2" x 4-1/2" x 2-1/2" loaf pan.
- Bake at 350 for 70 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.