Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
A great way to use that eggnog! Don't ya just love the holidays?
Make and share this Eggnog Coffee (Non-Alcoholic) recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄4 cup ground coffee (I use decaf)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup eggnog, warmed
- 1⁄2 cup thawed whipped topping
- Place coffee in filter in brew basket of coffee maker; sprinkle with nutmeg.
- Place sugar in empty pot of coffee maker.
- Add 2-1/2 cups cold water to coffee maker; brew.
- When brewing is complete, stir in eggnog.
- Pour into 4 cups.
- Serve immediately, topped with dollops of the whipped topping.
- Sprinkle lightly with additional nutmeg, if desired. Enjoy!
No more Starbucks holiday coffee for me! This is just as good and probably less sugary. In addition to the nutmeg, I added cinnamon and cloves to the grounds. I also put the eggnog and sugar directly in the bottom of the coffee pot instead of heating it as LongHornMama suggested. I quartered the recipe since I made it just for me. I didn't have whipped topping but I look forward to putting whipped cream on it next time...
What a great holiday treat! :) I used low-fat eggnog and splenda for the sugar. The nutmeg sends this over the edge delicious!! I will enjoy this all holiday season -- thank you so much for sharing it, Sharon!
Yum! I also added the sugar/eggnog to the pot and you definitely need to stir it before drinking! My first cup was yucky until my very smart 8 yr old told me "You gotta stir mommy!" Once I stirred, the taste totally changed! Very eggnoggy and perfect for Thanksgiving morning. Thanks for sharing:)