1 hr 50 mins
1 hr 30 mins
Friends of my parents, Eve is a fine Swedish woman and her husband is a fine Italian-Irish guy. Without fail they invited my parents (and me) over for Christmas treats each year, and this is Eve's recipe for her wonderful wassail. I haven't really kept in touch with Eve since my parents have passed; maybe it's time... Prep time includes "sitting time."
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large pot, combine the sugar and water and bring to a boil; boil for 10 minutes then turn off heat.
- 2Add the cinnamon sticks, allspice, cloves and ginger.
- 3Cover and let stand 1 hour, then strain.
- 4Add the thawed orange juice concentrate, lemonade concentrate and apple cider.
- 5Bring to a boil and serve hot.
Browse Our Top Punch Beverage Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Eve's Wassail
Serving Size: 1 (221 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 128.8
- Calories from Fat 1
- Total Fat 0.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 3.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 31.5 g
- Protein 0.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: