1/3 Photos of Fantastic Holiday Ham
5 hrs 25 mins
I make this ham at the holidays and always receive rave reviews, this ham will be the star attraction at you table --- do not use sugar-free 7-up for this, make certain before starting this that you have a large enough roasting pan with a rack that will fit into the pan, a 12-pound ham will take a bit of time to bake so make certain that you have all your other dishes made ahead of time --- if you don't want to go the extra step with the pineapple and cherries you may omit and just make the ham using the brown sugar coating :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat oven to 325 degrees.
- 2Using a sharp knife "score" the rind of the ham with diamond patterns.
- 3Place the ham onto a rack in a very large WELL GREASED roasting pan.
- 4Insert a meat thermometer into the ham, making certain that the thermometer does NOT touch the bone.
- 5Press whole cloves into the center of each diamond.
- 6Drain the pineapple juice from the pineapple rings into a bowl, then stir in the brown sugar, mustard powder and 7-Up soda; mix very well to combine.
- 7Coat the complete ham with the brown sugar mixture.
- 8Place the pineapple rings over the outside of the ham.
- 9Place a whole maraschino cherry into the center of each pineapple ring, then attach with a wooden toothpick.
- 10Bake uncovered for 4-5 hours, basting frequently with the pan juices or until the internal temperature reaches 160 degrees F.
- 11Remove the ham to a serving platter, then let sit for about 20 minutes.
- 12Remove all toothpicks before serving.
- 13Slice ham and enjoy!
Browse Our Top Ham Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fantastic Holiday Ham
Serving Size: 1 (338 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 18
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 905.3
- Calories from Fat 483
- Total Fat 53.6 g
- Saturated Fat 19.6 g
- Cholesterol 284.0 mg
- Sodium 190.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 17.3 g
- Protein 81.4 g