A delicious recipe from "The Brimming Basket," the newsletter of the Pike Place Market Basket CSA, featuring Washington apples. It can be prepared up to four hours in advance. Prep time includes chilling for the vinaigrette.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste (I like tricolor pepper, too)
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and cut in half
- 1In a small jar with a lid, combine the olive oil, vinegar, salt, pepper, and garlic; put the lid on the jar, shake well to mix and let stand and chill for at least 20 minutes (or it can sit in the refrigerator for up to two days).
- 2Prepare the apples and fennel and put them on the bottom of a large salad bowl.
- 3Remove the garlic from the vinaigrette, then pour the dressing over the apples and fennel, and toss to coat.
- 4Add the lettuces over the top (if preparing in advance, at this point cover the salad with a damp towel and place in refrigerator for up to 4 hours), sprinkle with gorgonzola, and toss well.
Browse Our Top Apple Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Apple Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fennel Apple Gorgonzola Salad with Balsamic Vinaigrette - aka Winter Apple Salad
Serving Size: 1 (138 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 255.0
- Calories from Fat 185
- Total Fat 20.6 g
- Saturated Fat 4.1 g
- Cholesterol 6.3 mg
- Sodium 428.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 10.7 g
- Protein 2.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
mixed salad greens