1 hr 5 mins
A wonderful holiday recipe. Filet Mignon makes any meal special. The meat has to marinate overnight for maximum flavour.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Whisk first 4 ingredients in a large bowl.
- 2Divide steaks between 2 glass baking dishes.
- 3Pour marinade over.
- 4Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- 5Remove steaks from marinade and pat dry.
- 6Transfer marinade to a large saucepan.
- 7Boil until reduced to 1 cup, about 20 minutes.
- 8Add stock and boil until reduced to 1 ¼ cups, about 20-25 minutes longer.
- 9Set aside.
- 10(can be prepared 4 hours ahead. Cover and refrigerate. Bring steaks to room temperature before continuing) Divide oil between 2 large heavy skillets and place over high heat.
- 11Season steaks.
- 12Add 3 steaks to each skillet and brown on both sides.
- 13Reduce heat to medium-high and cook to desired doneness, about 4 minutes per side for medium-rare.
- 14Transfer steaks to warm plates.
- 15Tent with foil to keep warm.
- 16Add half of sauce to each skillet and bring to boil, scraping up any brown bits.
- 17Transfer contents of 1 skillet into the other and bring to slow simmer.
- 18Add butter, whisking in one piece until melted before adding the next.
- 19Spoon over steaks and serve.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Filet Mignon with Red Wine Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (504 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 750.2
- Calories from Fat 504
- Total Fat 56.1 g
- Saturated Fat 22.7 g
- Cholesterol 144.5 mg
- Sodium 679.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 0.7 g
- Protein 33.1 g