1/1 Photo of Filet of Beef Chasseur (Tenderloin-Filet Mignon)
St. Louis Days...St. Louis Nights Cookbook. It sounds wonderful.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed, divided
- 7.39 ml seasoning salt
- 1.23 ml fresh ground pepper
- 8 (1814.36 g) filet mignon steaks, 1-inch thick
- 88.74 ml butter, divided
- 29.58 ml brandy
- 226.79 g fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 44.37 ml all-purpose flour
- 9.85 ml tomato paste
- 177.44 ml dry red wine
- 236.59 ml chicken broth
- 118.29 ml beef broth
- 118.29 ml water
- 1.23 ml Worcestershire sauce
- 29.58 ml currant jelly
- 1Combine half the garlic, the seasoned salt, and the pepper. Pat the meat dry and rub with the garlic mixture.
- 2Sear the steaks in a large skillet with 2 tablespoons of the butter until brown on the outside with the center raw. Arrange the steaks in a 13 X 9 inch baking dish.
- 3Pour the brandy into the skillet and stir over moderate heat, scraping up the brown bits. Add remaining 4 tablespoons of butter. When the butter is foaming, add the mushrooms and cook until browned, about 5 minutes. Stir in the flour and reduce heat to low. Stir in the tomato paste and remaining garlic.
- 4Remove from the heat; whisk in the wine, chicken broth, beef broth, and water. Bring to a boil over moderate heat, stirring constantly. Reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes, until the liquid is reduced by a third.
- 5Add Worcestershire and currant jelly. Adjust seasonings to taste and thin the sauce to a coating consistency.
- 6Cool and pour over steaks. (At this point steaks may be covered and refrigerated overnight. Allow them to come to room temperature before cooking.).
- 7Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Bake the filets, uncovered, for 15-20 minutes for rare, 20-25 for medium to medium-well.
Browse Our Top Steak Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Steak Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Filet of Beef Chasseur (Tenderloin-Filet Mignon)
Serving Size: 1 (135 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 786.3
- Calories from Fat 550
- Total Fat 61.2 g
- Saturated Fat 26.6 g
- Cholesterol 183.9 mg
- Sodium 318.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 3.5 g
- Protein 42.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
filet mignon steaks