My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat oven to 425 degrees.
- 2Rub fillet with salt, pepper, and the softened butter; place in flameproof roasting pan.
- 3Roast 20 minutes. With spoons, turn meat over and roast 20 minutes longer for rare, 25 minutes longer for medium. Transfer with spoons to carving board and let stand 10 minutes.
- 4Meanwhile, discard all but 2 T. pan juices and add Cognac to pan. Heat on stove to boiling, scraping up browned bits from pan. Carefully ignite Cognac; remove from heat when flames subside. Whisk the cold butter into pan juices 1 pieces at a time, incorporating each addition. Strain sauce into pitcher.
- 5With sharp knife, slice the beef against the grain. Pour accumulated juices into sauce.
- 6To serve, overlap beef slices in rows on warm platter. Drizzle sauce over meat.
Browse Our Top Roast Beef Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Roast Beef Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fillet of Beef With Cognac Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (88 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 920.5
- Calories from Fat 703
- Total Fat 78.1 g
- Saturated Fat 33.5 g
- Cholesterol 227.6 mg
- Sodium 395.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 50.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
filet of beef