Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 25 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
Even fruit cake hating people will love this cake!!
Make and share this Fruitcake recipe from Food.com.
- In a large bowl, combine the fruit and nuts.
- Combine the flour, sugar, baking powderand salt; stir into fruit mixture until well coated.
- In a small bowl, whisk egg yolks until slightly thickened.
- In another bowl, beat egg whites and vanilla until stiff peaks form.
- With a spatula, stir a fourth of the egg whites into the egg yolk mixture until no white streaks remain.
- Fold in remaining egg whites until combined.
- Add to fruit mixture; gently fold until blended.
- Pour into 2 well greased and floured 8X4 inch loaf pans.
- Bake at 300 degrees for 1 to 1 1/2 hours or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool for 20 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks.
- Cool completely.
- Wrap tightly and store in a cool dry place.
- Use a serrated knife, to cut into slices.