1 hr 55 mins
1 hr 30 mins
katie in the UP's Note:
Even fruit cake hating people will love this cake!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large bowl, combine the fruit and nuts.
- 2Combine the flour, sugar, baking powderand salt; stir into fruit mixture until well coated.
- 3In a small bowl, whisk egg yolks until slightly thickened.
- 4In another bowl, beat egg whites and vanilla until stiff peaks form.
- 5With a spatula, stir a fourth of the egg whites into the egg yolk mixture until no white streaks remain.
- 6Fold in remaining egg whites until combined.
- 7Add to fruit mixture; gently fold until blended.
- 8Pour into 2 well greased and floured 8X4 inch loaf pans.
- 9Bake at 300 degrees for 1 to 1 1/2 hours or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- 10Cool for 20 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks.
- 11Cool completely.
- 12Wrap tightly and store in a cool dry place.
- 13Use a serrated knife, to cut into slices.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fruitcake
Serving Size: 1 (98 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 358.4
- Calories from Fat 125
- Total Fat 13.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Cholesterol 35.2 mg
- Sodium 77.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 58.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.3 g
- Sugars 48.9 g
- Protein 4.7 g