This is my gingery variation on my neighbor's recipe.
Make and share this Gingery Plum Jam recipe from Food.com.
- Combine plums and water in a Dutch oven, and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, and simmer, uncovered, 20 minutes or until tender.
- Stir in sugar, juice, ginger, and rind.
- Cook over medium heat 40 minutes, until thick or a candy thermometer reaches 210÷.
- Stir mixture occasionally.
- (Do not overcook or mixture will scorch).
- Discard lemon rind.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator up to 2 weeks.