The recipe is different from others posted in that it contains raisins and almonds. The English translation of Glühwein is "glow wine." The mulled wine got its name because it radiates heat and gives the drinker a glow.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine wine, sugar, raisins, almonds, anisette, cinnamon stick, cloves, lemon peel, and orange peel in heavy large saucepan.
- 2Scrape in seeds from vanilla bean and then add bean.
- 3Bring to a boil, stirring until sugar dissolves. Reduce heat and simmer 15 minutes to blend flavors.
- 4(Can be made 1 day ahead. Cool, cover, and chill. Bring to simmer before serving.).
Browse Our Top Beverages Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Glühwein (Mulled Wine) - Debrosses Restaurant, Berlin
Serving Size: 1 (216 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 272.9
- Calories from Fat 31
- Total Fat 3.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 8.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 19.3 g
- Protein 1.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: