1/10 Photos of Green Beans With Lemon-Herb Butter
This is a super quick recipe that uses fresh French green beans but would work equally well with frozen. The recipe was printed in Betty Crocker Thansgiving booklet, November 2005. The recipe calls for butter. Please do not sub margarine! The original recipe called for dried marjoram leaves. Not having those I used Penzeys Bouquet Garni with rewarding results.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place beans in a microwave safe dish, cover and microwave for 5 to 6 minutes or until crisp tender; stirring half way through cooking.
- 2Drain beans well and return to microwave dish, cover and keep warm.
- 3In a small saucepan, heat the butter over medium heat until melted and lightly browned.
- 4Immediately remove the butter from heat, stir in lemon zest, marjoram and salt.
- 5Pour the butter mixture over beans tossing to coat.
- 6Garnish with lemon slices.
Browse Our Top Green/Yellow Beans Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Green/Yellow Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Green Beans With Lemon-Herb Butter
Serving Size: 1 (130 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 106.5
- Calories from Fat 79
- Total Fat 8.8 g
- Saturated Fat 5.5 g
- Cholesterol 22.9 mg
- Sodium 499.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 1.4 g
- Protein 1.8 g