Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 mins
This is a super quick recipe that uses fresh French green beans but would work equally well with frozen. The recipe was printed in Betty Crocker Thansgiving booklet, November 2005. The recipe calls for butter. Please do not sub margarine! The original recipe called for dried marjoram leaves. Not having those I used Penzeys Bouquet Garni with rewarding results.
- Place beans in a microwave safe dish, cover and microwave for 5 to 6 minutes or until crisp tender; stirring half way through cooking.
- Drain beans well and return to microwave dish, cover and keep warm.
- In a small saucepan, heat the butter over medium heat until melted and lightly browned.
- Immediately remove the butter from heat, stir in lemon zest, marjoram and salt.
- Pour the butter mixture over beans tossing to coat.
- Garnish with lemon slices.
I used fresh small round beans and they were delicious. Fast & easy with a light lemon twist. Made for Aus/NZ swap July 2011 :)
These French cut green beans were so good. Made as directed and really enjoyed by DH and I. The butter and lemon zest took this lovely dish to a new level. Thanks Paula for another great side dish. Made for the Dining Daredevils team for ZWT5 Family Picks.
THese were wonderful beans. Quick to cook in the micro and the lemony herbed burnt butter was a wonderful addition. Probably not an addition to your everyday meal. A great side to serve for an extra special dinner. We servied with Honey Ginger Grilled Salmon, Swordfish or Mahi Mahi using fresh salmon steaks. Photo also being posted