Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs
I use my rotissorie to make the ham instead of a roasting pan so this sauce goes wonderful with it since I can't apply a pineapple-brown sugar glaze to it while cooking. Good for a holiday dinner for those folks who don't care a sweet ham. Those who do can just pile on the sauce.
- Place ham in a rack in a shallow roasting pan.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 1 1/4 to 2 hours or until meat thermometer reads 140 degrees and ham is heated through.
- Meanwhile in a saucepan, combine 1/4 water, brown sugar, soy sauce, ketchup, mustard, and pineapple.
- Bring to boil.
- Reduce heat.
- Cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Combine cornstarch and remaining water until smooth.
- Stir into pineapple sauce.
- Bring to boil and cook for 2 more minutes or until thickened.
- Serve with the ham.
I wanted to cook ham steaks in my George Foreman grill but I wanted pineapples with it. This was the only recipe I looked at and it sounded good so I made it. It was the absolute best pineapple sauce I've had. I'll be using this from now on every time I cook ham. Thank you Karen for the delicious recipe!
The pineapple sauce was to die for! It made every bite of ham just melt in your mouth. This is definately a keeper!
This was the best!!Thanks Linda