1/2 Photos of Herb Rubbed Bison Sirlion Tip Roast
1 hr 30 mins
1 hr 15 mins
Alli Z.'s Note:
I got this off of a website about the great benefits of eating bison as opposed to beef. I was gifted a bunch of bison for a wedding present & had no idea how to cook it. In reality you only have to roast bison for half as long as you would a traditional beef roast as bison is so lean. This is a wonderful recipe & your guests wouldn't think anything other than WOW this is a great roast!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 14.79 ml paprika
- 9.85 ml kosher salt or 9.85 ml sea salt or 4.92 ml salt
- 4.92 ml garlic powder
- 2.46 ml dried oregano, crushed
- 2.46 ml dried thyme, crushed
- 2.46 ml ground black pepper
- 2.46 ml onion powder
- 2.46 ml cayenne pepper
- 29.58 ml olive oil
- 1474.17 g boneless sirloin tip roast, bison, 3 - 3/12 pounds
- 1In a small bowl combine paprika, salt, garlic powder, oregano, thyme, black pepper, onion powder, and cayenne pepper.
- 2Stir in oil until well combined. Set aside.
- 3Trim fat from roast.
- 4Spread oil mixture over surface of meat.
- 5Place meat on a rack in a shallow roasting pan.
- 6Roast in a 375 degree F. oven for 15 minutes.
- 7Reduce oven temperature to 300 degrees F. Roast 60 to 65 minutes more or until meat thermometer registers 140 degrees F.
- 8Remove roast from oven.
- 9Cover roast tightly with foil and let stand in pan on a wire rack for 15 minutes. The temperature of the meat after standing should be 145 degrees F. (medium rare).
- 10Thinly slice meat across the grain to serve. Serve with roasted vegetables, if desired.
Browse Our Top Roast Beef Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Roast Beef Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Herb Rubbed Bison Sirlion Tip Roast
Serving Size: 1 (191 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 339.4
- Calories from Fat 173
- Total Fat 19.2 g
- Saturated Fat 6.2 g
- Cholesterol 121.7 mg
- Sodium 533.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 0.1 g
- Protein 38.3 g