Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Entered for safe-keeping. From First, November 24, 2008, by Sandra Lee. If you bake biscuits on the top rack of the oven, you can avoid burning the bottoms. I suggested proportions of fresh herbs, you may use whatever proportions you prefer.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cut each biscuit in half crosswise.
- On ungreased baking sheet, arrange biscuit pieces in a 9-inch-diameter circle, overlapping slightly at an angle. (Some pieces may look like a 90-degree angle to the previous -- it will create an interesting shape.).
- Combine fresh herbs and pepper.
- Brush top of dough with egg; sprinkle and press herb mixture onto dough.
- Bake 12-15 minutes at 350 degrees Fahrenheit or until golden brown.
- Cool on rack.
- Carefully slide onto serving platter.
- Garnish with tomatoes. If desired, garnish with assorted herb sprigs.
Oh KateL, this was just WONDERFUL with our Christmas dinner. I made as directed, except used 1/2 teaspoon of each dried herb -- mixed them in with the egg, and spread them around that way. Very tasty, though next time I think I will add some fresh garlic or garlic powder. Thanks so much for a quick and easy recipe - this made such a wonderful centerpiece on our table. Made for Potluck Tag, Dec 2008.