Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
The colors in this salad make it great for a Christmas celebration, not to mention the wonderful flavors and combination of textures. A friend gave me this recipe for a drop in one year and now its a regular on our holiday table.
- 2 -3 stalks fresh broccoli (Florets)
- 1 lb bacon (Crisped and crumbled)
- 1⁄4 cup red onion, sliced thin and chopped
- 1 cup raisins
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup slivered almonds
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- Wash and chop the florets from the broccoli tossing in a bowl.
- Fry bacon until crisp and crumble over the broccoli.
- Sauce: Mix together and drizzle on the salad; serve.
I chose your recipe because it had less sugar than most. I usually don't use the cheese, and it's still great. I made some last night and a usually non-vegetable eating 2 year old loved it!
Absolutely loved this one! I know there are many Broccoli Salad recipes to choose from but this one is outstanding. Perfect balance of sweet, salt, tang, and crunch. Thanks Recipe Baroness!