Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
This wonderful sidedish is always the first one I get asked to make at any holiday gathering, be it Christmas, Thanksgiving or Easter. My entire family loves it. My original recipe called for 1/2 cup sugar but we found that a little too sweet but feel free to up the sugar if you want to.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Spray a 2QT casserole dish with Pam and put aside.
- Now in a large bowl, empty in the cans of corn, add the sugar, and the eggs, now beat gently with a wooden spoon until blended.
- Now melt the butter in a seperate bowl, microwave is great for this and then add to the mixture.
- Finally add your flour and baking powder, mix until it is all combined.
- Pour into the casserole dish and bake for about 1 hour until the top is a nice golden color. I give it the jiggle test, just open oven carefully and with a pot holder jiggle the casserole and if it jiggles give it a few more minutes until it is set, just keep an eye on it since ovens vary.
I brought this dish to an office pot luck meal and it was a big hit. It tasted very much like the dish my mother used to make.