1/6 Photos of Holiday Garlic-Lemon Green Beans With Bread Crumbs
This is one of my adopted recipes. Made these last week and all I can say is EXCELLENT. Easy to make and is just busting with flavor. I highly recommend making the bread crumbs as written. They are wonderful. My cooking time was a little different, but we like our beans a little more done than most. Thanks to the Original Author of this great recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 slices high quality white bread, torn into quarters
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese, the good stuff
- 6 medium garlic cloves, minced, never press
- 2 teaspoons flour
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 1/2 lbs green beans, ends trimmed
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh thyme
- 1Process bread in a food processor to produce even, fine crumbs.
- 2Heat 1 tablespoon butter in large non stick skillet over medium high heat, when melted, add bread crumbs and cook, stirring frequently until golden, about 3-5 minutes.
- 3Transfer to a medium bowl and stir in 1/4 teaspoon salt, 1/8 teaspoon pepper and cheese. Set aside.
- 4Wipe out skillet and add remaining 2 tablespoons butter, garlic and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Cook over medium heat, stirring until garlic is golden, 3 to 5 minutes.
- 5Stir in flour, red pepper flakes and thyme, then toss in green beans.
- 6Add chicken broth and increase heat to medium high, cover and cook until the beans are partly tender, about 4 minutes.
- 7Uncover and cook stirring occasionally until beans are tender and sauce has thicken slightly, about 4 minutes.
- 8Off heat, stir in lemon juice and adjust seasonings with salt and pepper to taste.
- 9Transfer to serving dish and sprinkle with bread crumbs.
Browse Our Top Green/Yellow Beans Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Green/Yellow Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Holiday Garlic-Lemon Green Beans With Bread Crumbs
Serving Size: 1 (177 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 130.3
- Calories from Fat 63
- Total Fat 7.0 g
- Saturated Fat 4.1 g
- Cholesterol 16.7 mg
- Sodium 200.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 4.2 g
- Protein 4.5 g