1/7 Photos of Holiday Italian Herb Crescent Christmas Trees
2 hrs 30 mins
Posted per request. Great Christmas appetizer! From the Pillsbury Crescent Special Edition cook book. How ever I did replace the 1/2 cup chive - and - onion potato topper with 1/2 cup of my prepared Chive and Garlic Dip Mix. This dip has a better flavor than the potato topper. Recipe makes two trees. Prep time about an hour, decorating time...well thats up to you! I would love to see several pictures of this one, as it can be decorated several ways.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat oven to 375°F.
- 2Unroll cans of dough and separate into 4 long rectangles; firmly press perforations together.
- 3Sprinkle each rectangle with 1 tablespoon cheese and 1/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning.
- 4Starting with one short side, roll up each rectangle, forming 4 rolls (like a jelly roll).
- 5With serrated knife, cut each roll into 8 slices (now they look like pinwheels).
- 6To form 1 tree, on cookie sheet, (I line mine with parchment paper it's easier to move trees to cool and to final decorating plate), Place 1 slice, cut side down, for top of tree.
- 7Arrange 2 slices below, sides touching.
- 8Continue arranging rows of 3, 4, and 5 slices.
- 9Use remaining slice for trunk.
- 10Bake first tree 12 to 14 minutes or until golden brown.
- 11Cool 5 minutes on wire rack.
- 12Repeat for 2nd tree on another cool cookie sheet.
- 13Place trees on serving platter.
- 14If you do not have a decorators bag and tip, spoon the dip into a zip lock bag.
- 15Cut 1/4 inch hole in bottom corner of bag; and pipe over tree like garland, and a dollop of dip in on each pinwheel except trunk.
- 16Place tomato slice on each pinwheel except top and bottom ones.
- 17With 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 inch star shaped cutter, cut 2 stars from yellow bell pepper; place one on top of each tree.
- 18Chop remaining bell pepper; sprinkle over trees.
- 19Sprinkle with parsley.
- 20Serve immediately, or refrigerate until serving time.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Holiday Italian Herb Crescent Christmas Trees
Serving Size: 1 (25 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 32
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 49.4
- Calories from Fat 10
- Total Fat 1.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 7.7 mg
- Sodium 77.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 0.7 g
- Protein 1.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
dried Italian seasoning
sour cream and chive dip