1/2 Photos of Holiday Mashed Potatoes
1 hr 20 mins
My mom passed this recipe on to me several years ago and I have been making it for every holiday dinner since. They can be made ahead, eliminating the need for mashing potatoes on the big day! I sprinkle a little paprika on top before baking to give it some color. Prep time does not include time it takes to boil the potatoes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Beat hot potatoes until all lumps are removed.
- 2Add cream cheese (in small pieces) and the butter.
- 3Beat well until cheese and butter are completely melted and mixed.
- 4Stir in sour cream.
- 5Add eggs and onion to milk and add this to the potatoes with salt and pepper.
- 6Beat until light and fluffy.
- 7Place in a greased 9-inch casserole.
- 8Refrigerate several hours or overnight.
- 9Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour or until lightly rounded on top (puffy).
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Holiday Mashed Potatoes
Serving Size: 1 (367 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 572.4
- Calories from Fat 248
- Total Fat 27.6 g
- Saturated Fat 16.7 g
- Cholesterol 143.7 mg
- Sodium 620.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 69.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.4 g
- Sugars 3.4 g
- Protein 14.0 g