1/2 Photos of Holiday Yams
1 hr 35 mins
I came up with the idea of combining the yams and apples when I had all four generations for dinner one Thanksgiving. Everyone loved it from GreatGrandmas on down to my (then) 2 year old granddaughter.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Add yams to a pot of boiling water, cover and after allowing water to return to a boil, cook for 30-35 minutes.
- 2Rinse in cold water.
- 3Remove the skins from the yams.
- 4Cut into 1/4 inch slices.
- 5Quarter the apples and cut into 1/4 inch slices.
- 6Spray a large rectangular or oblong pan with cooking spray of your choice.
- 7Layer the yams and the apples.
- 8Pour the orange juice over both layers.
- 9Dot with butter or margarine if desired.
- 10Top with the raisins.
- 11Sprinkle with cinnamon and nutmeg.
- 12You can adjust these amounts to your own personal preference.
- 13Bake at 350º for 30-35 minutes.
Browse Our Top Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Holiday Yams
Serving Size: 1 (237 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 369.1
- Calories from Fat 39
- Total Fat 4.3 g
- Saturated Fat 2.5 g
- Cholesterol 10.1 mg
- Sodium 47.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 79.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.5 g
- Sugars 14.2 g
- Protein 4.0 g