I just had to add this to my Hot Chocolate line-up.
Make and share this Hot Chocolate With Peppermint Schnapps recipe from Food.com.
- Heat 1 cup of the milk in a medium saucepan over low heat.
- Add chocolate, stirring constantly, until melted.
- When the chocolate has melted, increase heat to medium and add the remainder of the milk while whisking rapidly. Do not allow to boil.
- Serve in small cups fortified with a jigger (1 1/2 ounces) of peppermint schnapps and a dollop of whipped cream.
- Add a peppermint stick to stir.
- If transporting in a thermos, heat thermos up with hot water to get it warm for 1 minute. Pour water out and fill with hot chocolate.