1/6 Photos of Hot Toddy Chicken With Pancetta and Garlic Mashed Potatoes
French Tart's Note:
Tender chicken breasts cooked with whisky, honey & lemon; garnished with crisp pancetta slices & served on a bed of fluffy garlic infused mashed potatoes. A recipe devised for last Winter's evening meal menu - especially for candlelight & cosy fireside dining!! This is especially good all year around however & also works well with bourbon whisky too. Serve with any Winter greens, just lightly steamed & dressed in a little butter with freshly ground black pepper.Sublime!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
Hot Toddy Chicken
- 12 slices pancetta
- 6 boneless chicken breasts, with skin
- salt and black pepper
- 3 1/2 ounces butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 lemons, juice and zest of
- 1/4 pint whiskey, of your choice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 6 fluid ounces hot chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1Cook the pancetta in a frying pan until crisp; set aside on kitchen paper.
- 2Season the chicken well with salt & black pepper.Melt half of the butter & oil in a large frying pan - add the lemon zest & the chicken SKIN SIDE DOWN and fry until the skin is crispy & golden, about 5 minutes.Turn over and cook on the other side for about 3 minutes. Drain and place the chicken and the lemon zest on to a plate lined with kitchen paper & set aside.
- 3Take the frying pan off the heat & add the whisky - return the pan to the heat for about 1 minute. Add the lemon juice, honey & the hot chicken stock. Mix the remaining butter with the flour and gradually whisk in to the whisky sauce in the pan until thickened slightly.
- 4Return the chicken & lemon zest to the pan & simmer without a lid for about 25 to 30 minutes. Turn the chicken over half way through.
- 5Meanwhile, cook the potatoes in boiling salted water until very soft. Drain & keeping the potatoes in the pan, add the butter, salt, pepper, garlic & cream to the potatoes inthe pan. Whisk until smooth or mash with a metal potato masher until smooth and there are no lumps remaining. Check seasoning and add more if necessary. Replace lid and keep warm.
- 6Divide the garlic mash onto 6 warm dinner plates, top with the chicken and then 2 slices of pancetta for each serving. Drizzle over the hot toddy sauce & garnish with fresh parsley. Serve hot with lightly steamed winter greens.
- 7A dish to satisfy & keep colds at bay!
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hot Toddy Chicken With Pancetta and Garlic Mashed Potatoes
Serving Size: 1 (374 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 645.0
- Calories from Fat 351
- Total Fat 39.0 g
- Saturated Fat 18.8 g
- Cholesterol 155.2 mg
- Sodium 381.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 7.1 g
- Protein 33.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: