1/4 Photos of Italian Sausage Stuffing Casserole
1 hr 20 mins
From the folks at the Johnsonsville Sausage company, a highly seasoned unstuffed-stuffing. It's really a one dish meal. The original recipe called for adding a small can (2 1/4 oz) of chopped black olives but I omitted that as we don't care for the taste. Feel free to add it back.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 lb mild italian ground sausage
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 6 cups herb seasoned bread stuffing mix (cube type)
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1Preheat oven to 325ºF.
- 2Butter a 2 quart baking dish.
- 3In a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain & remove from skillet. Set aside.
- 4Pour any grease from skillet & melt butter.
- 5Add celery & onion and saute until slightly tender, 2-3 minutes. Stir in the green pepper & garlic and continue to saute until all veggies are tender.
- 6In a large bowl, combine the stuffing, sausage, celery mixture, cheese & pepper. Add broth and egg and toss to combine.
- 7Spoon into prepared dish, cover and bake for 35 minutes.
- 8Uncover and bake an additional 10-15 minutes or until lightly browned.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Italian Sausage Stuffing Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (301 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1112.1
- Calories from Fat 251
- Total Fat 27.9 g
- Saturated Fat 11.2 g
- Cholesterol 84.4 mg
- Sodium 3838.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 175.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.8 g
- Sugars 19.9 g
- Protein 35.4 g