Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a hit everywhere I go. If you like a little "heat" in your food then you will love this. this goes great with our Thanksgiving turkey and especially well with our Christmas ham. It's a staple every holiday in my family. Hope you enjoy also.
- 1 (8 ounce) box chicken rice-a-roni
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen broccoli
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cheese soup
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 (4 ounce) can green chilies, chopped
- pickled jalapeno pepper (from the jar, I chop them fine and add the jalapeno juice for liquid to the casserole, now you see t)
- 1 1⁄2 cups monterey jack cheese (shredded)
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In sauce pan, cook rice according to package directions.
- Cook broccoli until just tender and drain.
- In large bowl, combine rice, broccoli, soup, sour cream, green chilies, jalapeños, jalapeño juice and 1 cup of shredded cheese.
- Put mixture in a prepared casserole dish. Sprinkle top with remaining cheese. (You may want to cover with tin foil and uncover the last 5 minutes of baking).
- Bake in preheated oven for 35-45 minutes.
Excellent!!! My husband calls it "cheesey goodness". Goes on my list of things to make again and again. I've given this recipe to all my family members after Christmas. I got so many requests.