Prep 24 hrs
Cook 0 mins
This is another great recipe I make these often for get togethers and they are always a big hit! The ingredients may be adjusted to taste, start with amounts listed and increase to suit taste, but be careful with the mustard amounts as it can be overpowering!. To serve a crowd, the complete recipe may be doubled. Cooking time does not include boiling the eggs. Try to use jumbo eggs for this, if you don't have a food processor just mix the filling with a hand mixer until smooth. Adjust the seasoning salt, garlic powder and all other ingredients to taste.
- 12 hard-boiled eggs, peeled and sliced in half
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise (or salad dressing)
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard (or use 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard powder)
- 1 tablespoon sweet pickle relish (can use more)
- 2 -3 green onions, finely minced
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt (or to taste)
- 1 teaspoon louisiana hot sauce
- black pepper (to taste)
- 3⁄4 cup finely grated cheddar cheese, divided
- paprika, for dusting
- Carefully remove the egg yolks from the whites and set the whites on a large plate.
- Place the yolks in a food processor along with all the remaining ingredients except the grated cheddar cheese and black pepper (start with 1/4 cup mayonnaise adding in just a tablespoon more if too dry) pulse until blended and smooth.
- Season with more seasoned salt and black pepper to taste.
- Using a spoon mix in 1/2 cup finely grated grated cheddar cheese to the yolk mixture (you can use more if desired) mix until well blended.
- Pipe or spoon into the egg whites holes.
- Sprinkle the remaining 1/4 cup grated cheddar cheese on top of each egg slice (you may use more cheese if desired).
- Dust very lightly with paprika.
- Cover lightly with plastic wrap.
- Chill until ready to serve.
we made these last night but used half grain mustard and half regular yellow mustard and didnt add the seasoning salt and they turned out great everyone loved them. Will definitely be making them again
I made these for a lunch appetizer and they were devoured. Nothing too fancy here just plain good! You will be surprised at fast they get eaten!
These were great, Kittencal! I halved the recipe, but it was still a little too soupy even after chilling.