1/1 Photo of Kittencal's Cheddar Deviled Eggs
This is another great recipe I make these often for get togethers and they are always a big hit! The ingredients may be adjusted to taste, start with amounts listed and increase to suit taste, but be careful with the mustard amounts as it can be overpowering!. To serve a crowd, the complete recipe may be doubled. Cooking time does not include boiling the eggs. Try to use jumbo eggs for this, if you don't have a food processor just mix the filling with a hand mixer until smooth. Adjust the seasoning salt, garlic powder and all other ingredients to taste.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 12 hard-boiled eggs, peeled and sliced in half
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise (or salad dressing)
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard (or use 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard powder)
- 1 tablespoon sweet pickle relish (can use more)
- 2 -3 green onions, finely minced
- 1/2-1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt (or to taste)
- 1 teaspoon louisiana hot sauce
- black pepper (to taste)
- 3/4 cup finely grated cheddar cheese, divided
- paprika, for dusting
- 1Carefully remove the egg yolks from the whites and set the whites on a large plate.
- 2Place the yolks in a food processor along with all the remaining ingredients except the grated cheddar cheese and black pepper (start with 1/4 cup mayonnaise adding in just a tablespoon more if too dry) pulse until blended and smooth.
- 3Season with more seasoned salt and black pepper to taste.
- 4Using a spoon mix in 1/2 cup finely grated grated cheddar cheese to the yolk mixture (you can use more if desired) mix until well blended.
- 5Pipe or spoon into the egg whites holes.
- 6Sprinkle the remaining 1/4 cup grated cheddar cheese on top of each egg slice (you may use more cheese if desired).
- 7Dust very lightly with paprika.
- 8Cover lightly with plastic wrap.
- 9Chill until ready to serve.
Browse Our Top Egg Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Kittencal's Cheddar Deviled Eggs
Serving Size: 1 (31 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 63.3
- Calories from Fat 41
- Total Fat 4.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.7 g
- Cholesterol 110.3 mg
- Sodium 89.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.5 g
- Protein 4.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: