Prep 3 hrs
Cook 0 mins
Your guests will love this veggie tray! --- plan ahead the dip *must* be chilled for at least 3 hours or up to 24 hours before serving, the flavors will strongly intensify --- The amounts listed for the of dip is enough for about 6-8 people, I suggest to double or triple the amounts if serving a large crowd, if doubling increase the fresh garlic by only as small amount, I did not list amounts for the veggies choose as much as you want to use and whatever assortment you desire --- the veggie platter may be made well in advance, cover tightly with plastic and refrigerate until ready to serve, you will need a large round serving platter to accommodate all the veggies and the bowl of dip --- now if you really want to take this veggie platter to a whole new level and make it really special place assorted cheeses and deviled eggs around the dip bowl on the platter, see my Kittencal's Best Deviled Eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup Hellmann's mayonnaise (do not use salad dressing)
- 3 tablespoons finely crumbled blue cheese (can use more for a stronger taste)
- 1 tablespoon minced yellow onion
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh garlic
- 1 tablespoon dry ranch dressing mix
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons buttermilk
- Tabasco sauce, to taste (optional)
- carrot (peeled and sliced into sticks)
- celery (cut ribs into 3-inch long sections)
- cucumber (cut into about 1-inch thick slices)
- cherry tomatoes (use small cherry tomatoes and leave whole)
- white button mushrooms (leave whole, slice off bottom of stem and wipe clean using a dry paper towel)
- green onion (cut off small hanging roots on white part and remove any damaged leaves, trim to uniform length)
- sweet pepper (cut into strips or rings)
- radish (cut off stem and root end, the long radishes may be cut into an accordion shape by slicing almost th)
- broccoli (cut into small florets leaving a small stem attached)
- cauliflower (cut into small florets)
- crusty breadstick (use the long crusty breadsticks)
- 2 large lettuce leaves (to be placed under the dip bowl)
- For the dip; in a food processor combine all ingredients except Tabasco, buttermilk and veggies until smooth (adjusting the processing time for a smooth or semi-chunky texture).
- Add in buttermilk, start with 1 tablespoon adding in more until desired consistency is achieved.
- Add in Tabasco to taste and adjust ingredients to taste if desired.
- Place the dip in a round glass serving bowl; cover and refrigerate for minimum 3 hours.
- TO ASSEMBLE; place 1 to 2 lettuce leaves in the center of a extra large serving platter, then place the dip bowl onto the leaves.
- Arrange each veggie around the edges of an extra large round serving platter, place bread sticks in between each pile of veggies to separate.
yummmmmy!! this was a great make ahead addition to my super bowl menu! i loved the flavor of the dip...and so did everyone else! i doubled the recipe and every bit was devoured! i used a whole tub of gorgonzola and added more dill and lots of cracked black pepper. for the veggies, i went with celery, carrots, broccoli, red bell peppers, cherry tomatoes, radishes and pretzel rods! thanks so much for sharing kitten! this is a great addition to any party! (i love anything i can make ahead of time and if it isn't using up my oven, it's even better!!!)
forgot to rate this Kit I made over the holidays and everyone loved it lucky I made extra dip it went it went quickly, thanks Kit.