Your guests will love this veggie tray! --- plan ahead the dip *must* be chilled for at least 3 hours or up to 24 hours before serving, the flavors will strongly intensify --- The amounts listed for the of dip is enough for about 6-8 people, I suggest to double or triple the amounts if serving a large crowd, if doubling increase the fresh garlic by only as small amount, I did not list amounts for the veggies choose as much as you want to use and whatever assortment you desire --- the veggie platter may be made well in advance, cover tightly with plastic and refrigerate until ready to serve, you will need a large round serving platter to accommodate all the veggies and the bowl of dip --- now if you really want to take this veggie platter to a whole new level and make it really special place assorted cheeses and deviled eggs around the dip bowl on the platter, see my Kittencal's Best Deviled Eggs
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup Hellmann's mayonnaise (do not use salad dressing)
- 3 tablespoons finely crumbled blue cheese (can use more for a stronger taste)
- 1 tablespoon minced yellow onion
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh garlic
- 1 tablespoon dry ranch dressing mix
- 1/4 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons buttermilk
- Tabasco sauce, to taste (optional)
- carrot (peeled and sliced into sticks)
- celery (cut ribs into 3-inch long sections)
- cucumber (cut into about 1-inch thick slices)
- cherry tomatoes (use small cherry tomatoes and leave whole)
- white button mushrooms (leave whole, slice off bottom of stem and wipe clean using a dry paper towel)
- green onion (cut off small hanging roots on white part and remove any damaged leaves, trim to uniform length)
- sweet pepper (cut into strips or rings)
- radish (cut off stem and root end, the long radishes may be cut into an accordion shape by slicing almost th)
- broccoli (cut into small florets leaving a small stem attached)
- cauliflower (cut into small florets)
- crusty breadstick (use the long crusty breadsticks)
- 2 large lettuce leaves (to be placed under the dip bowl)
- 1For the dip; in a food processor combine all ingredients except Tabasco, buttermilk and veggies until smooth (adjusting the processing time for a smooth or semi-chunky texture).
- 2Add in buttermilk, start with 1 tablespoon adding in more until desired consistency is achieved.
- 3Add in Tabasco to taste and adjust ingredients to taste if desired.
- 4Place the dip in a round glass serving bowl; cover and refrigerate for minimum 3 hours.
- 5TO ASSEMBLE; place 1 to 2 lettuce leaves in the center of a extra large serving platter, then place the dip bowl onto the leaves.
- 6Arrange each veggie around the edges of an extra large round serving platter, place bread sticks in between each pile of veggies to separate.
Browse Our Top Eggs/Dairy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Kittencal's Vegetable Platter With Blue Cheese Dip
Serving Size: 1 (201 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 134.4
- Calories from Fat 107
- Total Fat 11.8 g
- Saturated Fat 5.0 g
- Cholesterol 18.9 mg
- Sodium 183.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 1.4 g
- Protein 1.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
dry ranch dressing mix