Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
I originally made this on one of the first really cold nights of winter; I wanted something warm and that would make my house smell like the holidays, so I improvised this out of things I had at home.
- 1 (750 ml) bottle red wine
- 1 cup orange juice
- pineapple juice (from 1 20 oz. can pineapple chunks or rings)
- 1⁄2 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 15 -18 whole cloves
- 1 -2 cinnamon stick
- 1⁄4 cup water
- lemon slice (optional)
- pineapple (optional)
- In a medium size pot, combine all ingredients (you can use a few lemon slices and pineapple chunks or rings if you wish).
- Place over medium heat and bring to a simmer.
- Reduce heat to low for about 30-40 minutes.
- Strain out fruit, cloves, and cinnamon.
Delicious! I actually used SImply Orange juice w/pineapple, and 3 RW Knutson mulling spice bags, instead of cloves. Also, used almost 2x the sugar, probably because there was no straight pineapple juice. Don't bother buying expensive red wine, buy a strong red under $10. We used Barefoot Zin. I put all the ingredients in crock pot set on high until the wine was nice and hot, and then put it on low. Smells great, too! I've made 3 batches since 12/21!