Prep 5 mins
Cook 40 mins
this is a sweet flavorful yam casserole that is great for holidays, a side dish, or even dessert. My family always asks me to make this for holidays.
- 822.13 g can yams
- 2 granny smith apples
- 118.29 ml packed brown sugar
- 118.29 ml water
- 4.92 ml cinnamon
- 29.58 ml butter substitute
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Spray cooking spray on 8x11 casserole dish.
- Dice and core apples and add to dish.
- Drain most of the juice from the yams and add to dish.
- In a small sauce pan on medium heat, add brown sugar, water, butter, and cinnamon.
- When the mixture is completely liquefied, add to apples and yams.
- Bake for 40 minutes.