1 hr 25 mins
French Canadian Tourtiere. Contains pork, potatoes, onions and spices in a deep dish pie. Recipe courtesy of Allrecipes. Posted for Zaar World Tour II.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Bake the potato until done, 30 - 45 minutes in a preheated 400 degrees F (205 degrees C) oven. Peel and mash the potato.
- 2Place the potato, ground pork, onion, spices and water in a large frying pan and simmer until very thick, for about one hour.
- 3Meanwhile, prepare your pastry.
- 4Line a deep-dish pie plate with pastry. Spoon in filling, spreading evenly. Cover with top crust.
- 5Brush with beaten egg and sprinkle with paprika, if desired. Cut steam vent. Bake for 50 minutes at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). If edges brown too fast, cover with a strip of foil. Serve warm.
Browse Our Top Savory Pies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Savory Pies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Meat Pie (Tourtiere)
Serving Size: 1 (193 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 514.7
- Calories from Fat 299
- Total Fat 33.3 g
- Saturated Fat 10.5 g
- Cholesterol 106.4 mg
- Sodium 451.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 1.1 g
- Protein 25.9 g