1 hr 30 mins
Vino Girl's Note:
From Cooking Light.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 400°F.
- 2Unroll roast; trim fat.
- 3Spread minced rosemary, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and garlic into folds of the roast.
- 4Reroll roast; secure at 3-inch intervals with heavy string.
- 5Sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper.
- 6Drizzle with oil.
- 7Secure rosemary sprigs under strings on roast.
- 8Place roast on the rack of a broiler pan or roasting pan; insert meat thermometer into thickest portion of roast.
- 9Bake at 400° for 1 hour.
- 10Increase oven temperature to 425° (do not remove roast from oven).
- 11Bake an additional 20 minutes or until thermometer registers 140° (medium-rare) to 155° (medium).
- 12Place roast on a platter; cover with foil.
- 13Let stand 10 minutes for roast to reabsorb juices.
- 14(Temperature of roast will increase 5° upon standing.)
- 15Remove string and rosemary sprigs before slicing.
- 16Remove rack from pan.
- 17Combine 1/2 cup wine and cornstarch; set aside.
- 18Add 1/2 cup wine to drippings in pan; scrape pan to loosen browned bits.
- 19Combine drippings mixture and 1 cup wine in a saucepan; bring to a boil.
- 20Cook 5 minutes.
- 21Add 1/4 teaspoon salt and cornstarch mixture; return to a boil.
- 22Cook 1 minute or until thick, stirring constantly.
- 23Serve with lamb.
Browse Our Top Lamb/Sheep Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lamb/Sheep Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mediterranean Roasted Leg of Lamb With Red Wine Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (158 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 19
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 294.2
- Calories from Fat 165
- Total Fat 18.4 g
- Saturated Fat 7.7 g
- Cholesterol 87.9 mg
- Sodium 144.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.1 g
- Protein 24.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: