3 hrs 20 mins
posted in response to a request. I have not tried this recipe. It comes from Pillsbury Festive Holiday Recipes" cookbook, Classic #13
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat oven to 325 degrees F.
- 2Season meat with salt& pepper.
- 3Place roast in a large roasting pan, rib bones up.
- 4Cover rib bones with foil to prevent excess browning.
- 5Insert meat thermometer so bulb reaches center of roast not touching fat or bone.
- 6Roast at 325 degrees F.
- 7for 2 hrs.
- 8Prepare Savory Rice Stuffing: Cook rice according to pkg.
- 10In large saucepan, saute onion and celery in margarine until tender.
- 11Add water and stuff mix; stir in rice, tossing lightly.
- 12TIP: If desired, stuffing can be baked separately in lightly buttered 2 quart casserole at 350 degree F.
- 13for 30-40 minutes.
- 14Fill center of roast with stuffing; continue roasting 1 1/2-2 hrs.
- 15longer until meat is well done and thermometer register 170 degrees to 180 degrees F.
- 16Remove foil from rib tips.
- 17Place roast on serving plate or carving board.
- 18TIP: For ease in carving, insert fork in top of roast; make slices by cutting close along sides of rib bones.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Merrie Crown Roast of Pork
Serving Size: 1 (256 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1314.3
- Calories from Fat 711
- Total Fat 79.0 g
- Saturated Fat 26.2 g
- Cholesterol 317.9 mg
- Sodium 1092.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 4.2 g
- Protein 111.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
rice pilaf mix