Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
posted in response to a request. I have not tried this recipe. It comes from Pillsbury Festive Holiday Recipes" cookbook, Classic #13
- Heat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Season meat with salt& pepper.
- Place roast in a large roasting pan, rib bones up.
- Cover rib bones with foil to prevent excess browning.
- Insert meat thermometer so bulb reaches center of roast not touching fat or bone.
- Roast at 325 degrees F.
- for 2 hrs.
- Prepare Savory Rice Stuffing: Cook rice according to pkg.
- In large saucepan, saute onion and celery in margarine until tender.
- Add water and stuff mix; stir in rice, tossing lightly.
- TIP: If desired, stuffing can be baked separately in lightly buttered 2 quart casserole at 350 degree F.
- for 30-40 minutes.
- Fill center of roast with stuffing; continue roasting 1 1/2-2 hrs.
- longer until meat is well done and thermometer register 170 degrees to 180 degrees F.
- Remove foil from rib tips.
- Place roast on serving plate or carving board.
- TIP: For ease in carving, insert fork in top of roast; make slices by cutting close along sides of rib bones.