Enjoy this wonderful light and fresh salad for holiday time, or anytime! Cooking time reflects marinating the dried cranberries. I discovered this recipe in Bon Appetit, 1998
- Bring 1 cup orange juice to simmer in heavy small saucepan. Remove from heat.
- Mix in dried cranberries.
- Let stand until softened, about 30 minutes. Drain well; discard soaking juice.
- Whisk oil, vinegar, orange peel and remaining 3 tablespoons orange juice in small bowl to blend. Mix in cranberries.
- Season dressing to taste with salt and pepper. (Can be prepared 1 day ahead. Cover and refrigerate. Bring to room temperature before serving.).
- Place greens in large bowl.
- Toss with 2/3 of dressing.
- Divide greens among 6 plates.
- Add orange segments to bowl; toss with remaining dressing.
- Top salads with orange segments and pecans.