Enjoy this wonderful light and fresh salad for holiday time, or anytime! Cooking time reflects marinating the dried cranberries. I discovered this recipe in Bon Appetit, 1998
- Bring 1 cup orange juice to simmer in heavy small saucepan. Remove from heat.
- Mix in dried cranberries.
- Let stand until softened, about 30 minutes. Drain well; discard soaking juice.
- Whisk oil, vinegar, orange peel and remaining 3 tablespoons orange juice in small bowl to blend. Mix in cranberries.
- Season dressing to taste with salt and pepper. (Can be prepared 1 day ahead. Cover and refrigerate. Bring to room temperature before serving.).
- Place greens in large bowl.
- Toss with 2/3 of dressing.
- Divide greens among 6 plates.
- Add orange segments to bowl; toss with remaining dressing.
- Top salads with orange segments and pecans.
Loved this salad! I love mixed greens, cranberries and pecans, but I don't usually put fresh oranges in the mix. I'm glad I finally tried it. The cranberries plumped up so nice and the balance of bitter greens, sweet cranberries and tangy oranges was very refreshing. Tonight wasn't a special occasion, but I'll definitely remember this recipe when the holidays do roll around again. I also think this would be an excellent summer weather salad. Thanks for posting, Bev! :)
Wonderful and light. I used fresh tangerine sections instead of oranges, otherwise prepared as directed
I found this recipe in the Bon Appetit archives years ago. I serve this quite often around Christmas time. Yummers!