My Mom told me that since this is my favorite, I have to make it this year for Christmas!!! Very,VERY good dressing!!!
My Private Note
large c ...
Units: US | Metric
- 4 large chicken breasts (with or without bones)
- 3 cups chopped onions
- 3 cups chopped celery
- 1 (14 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1/2 green bell pepper (optional)
- pan baked cornbread (not sweet)
- 1 dozen hard-boiled egg
- salt (to taste)
- pepper (to taste)
- ground sage (to taste)
- tony's seasoning (to taste)
- 5 -6 beaten raw eggs
- 1Boil together: chicken breasts,onion,celery,chicken broth,and bellpepper.
- 2Crumble cooled cornbread in large bowl.
- 3Add peeled and chopped eggs.
- 4Remove chicken when done and debone,if necessary.
- 5Chop up and add back to pot.
- 6Remove from heat.
- 7When cooled, add chicken and liquid to cornbread/egg mixture in bowl.
- 8Make sure all the cornbread is thoroughly wet,but NOT soupy.
- 9Use a slotted spoon to add as much of the onion,celery,bell pepper as possible.
- 10If not wet enough,add either more chicken broth or a can of cream of chicken soup.
- 11Add salt and pepper.
- 12Add ground sage a little at a time and taste test.It is EASY to add too much.
- 13so add it SLOWLY.
- 14I add a little Tony's seasoning,to taste.
- 15After this mixture has cooled,add 5-6 raw,beaten eggs,stirring well after each.
- 16More bell pepper can be added at this point(if you feel necessary).
- 17Place in baking pan.
- 18Bake at 350.
- 19Let the top brown.
- 20This can be made ahead and frozen,but be sure to take it out 1 day in advance to thaw before baking or can be refrigerated overnight to bake the next morning.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mom's Cornbread Dressing
Serving Size: 1 (150 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 15
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 173.7
- Calories from Fat 87
- Total Fat 9.7 g
- Saturated Fat 2.9 g
- Cholesterol 264.8 mg
- Sodium 203.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 2.4 g
- Protein 16.1 g