1/2 Photos of Mulled Wine a La Kolibri
24 hrs 45 mins
Mulled wine - glögi - is a traditional Finnish alcoholic drink served hot, typically served around Christmas. This is my own recipe and I'm quite proud of it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Crush all the spices to release the aromas. Mix them with the vodka and port wine.
- 2Wash the lemon and the oranges (I used blood oranges) very well, and peel them. Add peel to the mixture. Slice a thick slice of both fruits and put them in too.
- 3Peel ginger and chop into bitesize pieces, add the pieces in the liqueur.
- 4Smell the mixture but resist temptation and put it into an airtight container and to the frige overnigth, or 24 hours if possible.
- 5Next day, drain the spices from the liqueur, and mix it with the sugar and the wine. Stir until sugar is dissolved.
- 6Now's the good part - tasting. I've put quite a lot sugar in because I like my mulled wine sweet, but make yours according to your preference. If it's too sweet, add more wine, and if it's too tart, add more sugar.
- 7Heat up only the amount you're going to drink, and you can keep the rest until it's needed. Microwave is really good for heating up mulled wine, but if you heat it up in a pan make sure it doesn't boil.
- 8Serve with raisins and almond chips.
Browse Our Top Beverages Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mulled Wine a La Kolibri
Serving Size: 1 (111 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 163.3
- Calories from Fat 1
- Total Fat 0.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 9.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 14.5 g
- Protein 0.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: