Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 25 mins
Cook 45 mins
A famous family recipe from my famous Aunt Myrt Cheever. When Auntie cooked, WOW!
Make and share this Myrt's Christmas Spaghetti recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (12 ounce) box spaghetti, cooked
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 (12 1/2 ounce) can stewed tomatoes, mashed
- 1⁄2 cup stuffed green olive, sliced
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup American cheese, grated
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushroom pieces
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can tomato soup
- Sauté onions, bell pepper, and garlic in 5 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Add beef and cook until no longer pink.
- Add stewed tomatoes, olives, salt, pepper, and cheese.
- Cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Then add Worcestershire sauce, mushroom pieces and tomato soup.
- Combine mixture with cooked spaghetti, refrigerate overnight.
- To serve, heat in oven at 350°F for approximately 45-60 minutes, or until heated through.
Very tasty! Appropriately named too, loved the addition of the green olives. I made this first thing this morning and baked it for dinner tonight.
Loved the flavor. Would have liked it a little bit more saucy though. I did add more cheese to the top in the last 5 or 10 minutes of baking.