I found this recipe in a Sunday paper supplement. It was so good I gave them away as presents.
Make and share this No Bake Mini Christmas Cakes recipe from Food.com.
For the cakes
- 100 g sultanas
- 100 g raisins
- 25 g ground almonds
- 50 g chopped glace ginger
- 1 orange, rind of, grated
- 1 teaspoon mixed spice
- 2 teaspoons fresh orange juice, if needed
- 50 g almond marzipan
- 75 g ready to roll icing
- icing sugar, for dusting
- 48 dragees (edible silver balls, for decoration)
- All you do is put the ingredients for the cakes, except the orange juice, in a food processor and chop finely.
- Then add the orange juice, if the mixture is a little dry.
- After that, divide the mixture into eight, and use your hands to shape them into small cakes, about 4cm square.
- Now dust the work surface lightly with icing sugar and roll the marzipan out to a 16cm x 7.5cm rectangle.
- Cut out eight stars using a 4 cm star cutter (make a template of one if you don't have a cutter).
- Drape one star over each cake.
- Then roll out the icing and do the same, but drape the icing in the opposite way to the marzipan on each cake.
- Decorate each icing star with six silver balls.
- Store the cakes in an airtight box til needed.
Thank you for this, I saw the recipe in the paper and thought it was great but then lost the paper so I was delighted to see the recipe here.