1/2 Photos of No Bake Mini Christmas Cakes
I found this recipe in a Sunday paper supplement. It was so good I gave them away as presents.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
For the cakes
- 100 g sultanas
- 100 g raisins
- 25 g ground almonds
- 50 g chopped glace ginger
- 1 orange, rind of, grated
- 4.92 ml mixed spice
- 9.85 ml fresh orange juice, if needed
- 1All you do is put the ingredients for the cakes, except the orange juice, in a food processor and chop finely.
- 2Then add the orange juice, if the mixture is a little dry.
- 3After that, divide the mixture into eight, and use your hands to shape them into small cakes, about 4cm square.
- 4Now dust the work surface lightly with icing sugar and roll the marzipan out to a 16cm x 7.5cm rectangle.
- 5Cut out eight stars using a 4 cm star cutter (make a template of one if you don't have a cutter).
- 6Drape one star over each cake.
- 7Then roll out the icing and do the same, but drape the icing in the opposite way to the marzipan on each cake.
- 8Decorate each icing star with six silver balls.
- 9Store the cakes in an airtight box til needed.
Browse Our Top Christmas Recipes
Nutritional Facts for No Bake Mini Christmas Cakes
Serving Size: 1 (193 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 117.7
- Calories from Fat 15
- Total Fat 1.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 3.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 19.8 g
- Protein 1.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
oranges, rind of