1/2 Photos of No Bake Mini Christmas Cakes
I found this recipe in a Sunday paper supplement. It was so good I gave them away as presents.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
For the cakes
- 100 g sultanas
- 100 g raisins
- 25 g ground almonds
- 50 g chopped glace ginger
- 1 orange, rind of, grated
- 4.92 ml mixed spice
- 9.85 ml fresh orange juice, if needed
- 1All you do is put the ingredients for the cakes, except the orange juice, in a food processor and chop finely.
- 2Then add the orange juice, if the mixture is a little dry.
- 3After that, divide the mixture into eight, and use your hands to shape them into small cakes, about 4cm square.
- 4Now dust the work surface lightly with icing sugar and roll the marzipan out to a 16cm x 7.5cm rectangle.
- 5Cut out eight stars using a 4 cm star cutter (make a template of one if you don't have a cutter).
- 6Drape one star over each cake.
- 7Then roll out the icing and do the same, but drape the icing in the opposite way to the marzipan on each cake.
- 8Decorate each icing star with six silver balls.
- 9Store the cakes in an airtight box til needed.
Browse Our Top Christmas Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Christmas Recipes
Nutritional Facts for No Bake Mini Christmas Cakes
Serving Size: 1 (193 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 117.7
- Calories from Fat 15
- Total Fat 1.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 3.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 19.8 g
- Protein 1.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
oranges, rind of