Blue cheese spreads usually contain port, or bacon as another option, but at a party with those who abstain from meat or alcohol, those may not be the best choices. This spread is wonderful for everyone. Bring this out to soften before serving. To extend serving time, you may want to set a dish of this in another dish of crushed ice.
- 453.59 g cream cheese
- 118.29 ml mayonnaise
- 2.46 ml salt
- 1.23 ml black pepper
- 1.23 ml hot pepper sauce
- 236.59 ml dried cranberries
- 236.59 ml quality blue cheese, crumbled
- 177.44 ml toasted walnuts, coarsely chopped
- toasted bagels (optional) or crackers (optional) or cut raw vegetables (crudites) (optional) or red seedless grapes (optional)
- Pulse together cream cheese, mayonnaise, salt, pepper, and hot sauce in a food processor until smooth.
- Fold in cranberries, bleu cheese and walnuts.
- Chill several hours.
- Allow to soften at room temperature before serving.
- Serve on toasted split bagels, or with crackers, crudites or grapes.