Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a great treat to have on hand for company. It freezes well. I like to add raisins or dried cranberries to the recipe.
- 1 orange
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup oil
- 3 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 (11 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained
- 1⁄2 cup chopped nuts
- Cut orange into quarters, do not peel, remove seeds if any.
- Chop orange in blender or processor.
- Beat eggs, add sugar,orange and oil.
- Add dry ingredients and mix well.
- Stir in pineapple and nuts.
- spray 2 loaf pans with pam and pour in batter.
- Bake for 1 hour at 325 degrees.
Good recipe but too sweet. The second batch was better when I cut the sugat to 1-1/2 cips.
I added a touch of cardamom and it really brought out the flavor.
Made this recipe, half with almost a cup of dried cranberries & the other half as written ~ Although we enjoyed both of them tremendously, I particularly liked the loaf with the berries added! I cut both loaves in half & froze half of each just to see how well that would work & am confident they will be just as great tasting as when the first halves were devoured! One other thing you should know, we got 5 servings from a half-loaf, so that would bring the total servings for the 2 loaves to 20 ~ That's quite a drop in the totals listed in the 'Nutrition Facts!' Thanks for a great recipe keeper! [Made & reviewed in Zaar Chef Alphabet Soup tag]
This was really good! I actually made one loaf pan and 24 mini muffins. Instead of using the full cup of oil, I used 1/2 cup oil and 1/2 cup of mango and applesauce. I left out the nuts but may add them next time. Thanks for sharing this recipe!Oh and the loaf freezes very well too!