1/3 Photos of Orange Scented Sour Cream Muffins With Poppy Seed Streusel
Brooke the Cook in WI's Note:
I make these muffins every Christmas and this year I made them for Thanksgiving too - they smell and taste amazing, lots of different flavors going on with a pretty poppy seed streusel on top! Always a big hit! Recipe comes from the Cooking Light 2005 Holiday magazine (the ultimate resource for holiday cooking!!) and I can't believe no one has posted them yet!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 3/4 cup fat-free buttermilk
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 -2 tablespoon orange zest (I use zest of one orange)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 (8 ounce) container reduced-fat sour cream (don't use fat-free, they don't turn out as well)
- 1Preheat oven to 375 and prepare muffin tins.
- 2Prepare Struesel - combine all ingredients. Set aside.
- 3For the muffins, in a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt, if using, until combined. Make a well in the center.
- 4In a separate medium bowl, combine buttermilk and remaining muffin ingredients.
- 5Pour mixture into well of flour mixture.
- 6Stir with a wooden spoon until just combined - will be lumpy.
- 7Spoon batter into muffin cups and sprinkle evenly with poppy seed struesel.
- 8Bake for 18-20 minutes until golden brown.
- 9Remove to wire racks to cool immediately.
- 10These freeze well. Place on counter several hours until thawed or, if eating directly from freezer, reheat in microwave for 15 seconds until warm (not hot).
Browse Our Top Muffins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Muffins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Orange Scented Sour Cream Muffins With Poppy Seed Streusel
Serving Size: 1 (46 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 18
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 145.5
- Calories from Fat 46
- Total Fat 5.2 g
- Saturated Fat 3.0 g
- Cholesterol 25.1 mg
- Sodium 142.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 10.5 g
- Protein 2.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: