Cook1 hr 45 mins
This recipe is courtesy of Diabetes and Heart Healthy Cookbook published by American Heart Association. The aroma of this aromatic spice rubbed turkey, fortells of a wonderful dining experience. Don't just save this for the holidays but serve it year round.
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
- Spray a roasting pan and baking rack with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- In a small bowl, stir together the spices.
- Using your fingertips, loosen the skin from the turkey breast and rub the spice mixture evenly over the breast.
- Cover it with the skin, place the turkey on the rack in the roasting pan, and insert a meat thermometer in the thickest part making sure it doesn't touch the bone.
- Roast, uncovered, for meat thermometer 170 degrees, approximately 1 hour and 45 minutes.
- Let the turkey stand for 15 minutes; remove the skin and any visible fat.
- Slice the turkey and enjoy.
This was really good. I was a little sceptical about the sweet spices, but it really complimented the turkey. I cooked mine in the crock pot, 1 hour on high and about 6 hours on low. Perfect.
This is the first time I've rubbed seasonings under the skin of a turkey breast, but now that I've done it [& since I usually do not slice the skin along with the meat], it seems like the logical way to do it! Very, very nice tasting! Don't know if it made any difference in the moisture of the meat, but for the 1st hour I roasted it skin-side down, then turned it over for the rest of the roasting time. I also used 2 tablespoons of orange zest! Very nice, & thanks for sharing!