My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 12 green onions
- 1 1/4 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 1 1/2 tablespoons low-sodium teriyaki sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons horseradish mustard
- 1 tablespoon peeled minced gingerroot
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 16 sheets phyllo pastry, thawed
- 1/2 cup horseradish mustard
- 1Remove tops of green onions; set aside white portion of onions.
- 2Cut green onion tops into very thin strips; place in a bowl of ice water, and set aside.
- 3Slice white portion of 3 onions; set aside. Reserve remaining onion for another use.
- 4Position knife blade in food processor bowl; add chicken and next 6 ingredients. Process for 30 seconds, stopping once to scrap down the sides. Stir sliced onion into chicken mixture.
- 5Place 1 phyllo sheet on a damp towel. Lightly coat phyllo with cooking spray. Layer 3 phyllo sheets on first sheet, lightly coating each sheet with cooking spray. Cut phyllo stack in half lengthwise; cut stack crosswise tohird o make 6 stacks. Keep phyllo stacks covered.
- 6Spoon 1 tablespoon chicken mixture into center of 1 phyllo stack to within 1 1/2 inches of each end, parallel with long edge.
- 7Roll up phyllo, jellyroll fashion, starting with long sides; twist 1 1/2 inches from each end.
- 8Place firecracker, seam side down, on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray.
- 9Repeat procedure with remaining phyllo and chicken mixture.
- 10Bake at 400 for 15 minutes or until golden.
- 11Tie each end of firecrackers with a green onion strip.
- 12Serve with hot horseradish mustard.
Browse Our Top Asian Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Asian Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Oriental Firecrackers
Serving Size: 1 (1621 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 54.6
- Calories from Fat 13
- Total Fat 1.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 5.4 mg
- Sodium 67.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 0.2 g
- Protein 2.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
low-sodium teriyaki sauce
white wine vinegar