Prep 35 mins
Cook 15 mins
- 12 green onions
- 1 1⁄4 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons low-sodium teriyaki sauce
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons horseradish mustard
- 1 tablespoon peeled minced gingerroot
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 16 sheets phyllo pastry, thawed
- 1⁄2 cup horseradish mustard
- Remove tops of green onions; set aside white portion of onions.
- Cut green onion tops into very thin strips; place in a bowl of ice water, and set aside.
- Slice white portion of 3 onions; set aside. Reserve remaining onion for another use.
- Position knife blade in food processor bowl; add chicken and next 6 ingredients. Process for 30 seconds, stopping once to scrap down the sides. Stir sliced onion into chicken mixture.
- Place 1 phyllo sheet on a damp towel. Lightly coat phyllo with cooking spray. Layer 3 phyllo sheets on first sheet, lightly coating each sheet with cooking spray. Cut phyllo stack in half lengthwise; cut stack crosswise tohird o make 6 stacks. Keep phyllo stacks covered.
- Spoon 1 tablespoon chicken mixture into center of 1 phyllo stack to within 1 1/2 inches of each end, parallel with long edge.
- Roll up phyllo, jellyroll fashion, starting with long sides; twist 1 1/2 inches from each end.
- Place firecracker, seam side down, on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray.
- Repeat procedure with remaining phyllo and chicken mixture.
- Bake at 400 for 15 minutes or until golden.
- Tie each end of firecrackers with a green onion strip.
- Serve with hot horseradish mustard.
Very time consuming, but worth it. I had never worked with Phyllo pastry before. Great taste. Belly Up With Bob