Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a Delia Smith recipe, which I love and use often, so thought I'd share. It introduced me to celeriac, which isn't the same as celery, by the way. You can prepare the vegetables a couple of days in advance, if need be, and keep sealed in a plastic bag in the fridge.
- 12 shallots, peeled
- 12 ounces peeled and deseeded butternut squash
- 12 ounces peeled sweet potatoes
- 12 ounces peeled swede
- 12 ounces peeled celeriac
- 1 tablespoon freshly chopped mixed herbs (rosemary and thyme, for example)
- 2 large garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to gas mark 7/425F/220°C.
- You will need a large baking tray - approx 11 x 16 inches.
- Cut the vegetables into large, chunky pieces - about 11/2 inches/4cm - leaving the celeriac unti last as it will discolour if left in the open air too long. Put vegetables in a large bowl, add the herbs, garlic, olive oil and lots of seasoning and mix (use your hands). Spread the vegetables out on the baking tray and cook in the pre-heated oven on a high shelf for 30 - 40 minutes, until they're tender and turning brown at the edges.