This is a Delia Smith recipe, which I love and use often, so thought I'd share. It introduced me to celeriac, which isn't the same as celery, by the way. You can prepare the vegetables a couple of days in advance, if need be, and keep sealed in a plastic bag in the fridge.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 12 shallots, peeled
- 12 ounces peeled and deseeded butternut squash
- 12 ounces peeled sweet potatoes
- 12 ounces peeled swede
- 12 ounces peeled celeriac
- 1 tablespoon freshly chopped mixed herbs (rosemary and thyme, for example)
- 2 large garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1Preheat oven to gas mark 7/425F/220°C.
- 2You will need a large baking tray - approx 11 x 16 inches.
- 3Cut the vegetables into large, chunky pieces - about 11/2 inches/4cm - leaving the celeriac unti last as it will discolour if left in the open air too long. Put vegetables in a large bowl, add the herbs, garlic, olive oil and lots of seasoning and mix (use your hands). Spread the vegetables out on the baking tray and cook in the pre-heated oven on a high shelf for 30 - 40 minutes, until they're tender and turning brown at the edges.
Browse Our Top Winter Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Oven Roasted Winter Vegetables
Serving Size: 1 (275 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 208.9
- Calories from Fat 64
- Total Fat 7.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 106.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.3 g
- Sugars 7.7 g
- Protein 4.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: