If desired you can also sprinkle some garlic powder over the potatoes with the salt and pepper and adjust all amounts to taste.
- Set oven to 375°F.
- Grease a 13 x 9-inch baking dish.
- Pour the melted butter into the bottom of the baking dish, then sprinkle with garlic powder, then Parmesan cheese.
- In a large bowl toss the potato halves in olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Place the potatoes cut-side down over the Parmesan cheese in the baking dish.
- Bake for about 40-45 minutes, or until tender.