Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
- 236.59 ml fresh pea pods
- 226.79 g dried elbow macaroni
- 236.59 ml frozen peas, thawed (optional)
- 118.29 ml mayonnaise or 118.29 ml salad dressing
- 118.29 ml sour cream
- 78.07 ml milk (optional)
- 59.14 ml horseradish mustard
- 2 clove garlic, minced
- 1.23 ml salt
- 1.23 ml pepper
- 177.44 ml thinly sliced celery
- 29.58 ml chopped onions
- Remove tips and strings from pea pods.
- Cook macaroni according to package directions in lightly salted boiling water, adding pea pods and peas during last 1 minutes of cooking.
- Drain and rinse.
- Halve pea pods diagonally; set pasta and pea pods aside.
- In a small bowl stir together mayonnaise, sour cream, milk, mustard, minced garlic, salt and pepper; set aside.
- In large bowl combine cooked macaroni, pea pods, peas, celery and onion.
- Pour mayonnaise mixture over macaroni mixture.
- Stir gently to combine.
- If necessary, add additional milk (1 to 2 Tbsp) to moisten.
- Top with additional pea pods, if desired.
Very good. I planted sugar peas for the first time and was looking for a way to use them. I didn't have horseradish mustard so just used regular mustard and a teaspoon of horseradish. I also added a teaspoon of Splenda as we like a little bit sweet salad. Thanks for sharing.
I have a new love for peas. This was a hit with everyone, although my 21 month old could taste the horseradish. I used sugar snap peas and didn't bother with cutting it up.
Interesting salad. Nice flavor combinations. Found that it made a little more dressing than I wanted to put on the salad. The rest of the dressing worked excellent on cooked veggies and sandwiches. Thanks for sharing Secret. Tweeky, a.k.a. Judi