Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
When I was first married and hosting my first family Christmas Eve celebration at my home, this was one of the appetizers I prepared. That was almost 20 years ago and my family still requests them each year. They're my 86-yr. old Grandmother's favorite! Very easy to prepare and I've never had any leftover. Can be prepared ahead of time and baked just before serving. Try them and enjoy!
- Remove mushroom stems and chop.
- In skillet, melt butter, saute mushroom stems, onion, bell pepper, and garlic until onions are clear.
- Add cracker crumbs, pepperoni, parmesan and seasonings.
- Add enough chicken broth until mixture is stuffing consistency.
- Fill caps with stuffing.
- Place in shallow baking dish with 1/4" water in bottom of pan.
- Bake uncovered@ 325 for 25 minutes.